Oxford Guide to the US Government: executive orders
Executive orders are regulations issued by the President. Provided that they are based either on his constitutional powers or laws passed by Congress, they have the force of law. Federal courts will enforce them just as if they had been enacted by Congress, provided that they do not conflict with federal laws. An executive order that carries out a law may later be revoked by new legislation. An executive order can be nullified, or canceled, if the Supreme Court or lower federal courts find that it is unconstitutional. For instance, in 1952 the Supreme Court ruled that President Harry Truman‘s seizure of the steel mills during the Korean War violated the due process clause of the Constitution because the President had seized property without being given statutory authority by Congress.
Executive orders are filed in the Department of State after the President issues them. Between 1789 and 1907 Presidents issued approximately 2,400 such orders. Since 1907 the orders have been filed chronologically, and each is given a number, with more than 13,000 numbered between 1908 and 1991.
The first executive order, issued by George Washington on June 8, 1789, instructed the heads of departments to make a “clear account” of matters in their departments. Since then, the orders have been used to regulate the civil service, to determine holidays for federal workers, to recognize federal employee unions, to institute security programs, and to classify government documents as top secret or secret. They have been used to designate public lands as Indian reservations and for environmental protection. They are also used to organize federal disaster assistance efforts. Executive orders have been used by each President beginning with Dwight Eisenhower to organize the intelligence agencies at the beginning of his term in office and to set up other aspects of White House operations.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt used executive orders to create agencies without going through Congress. In 1944 Congress prohibited funding such agencies. In 1968 Congress prohibited the creation of Presidential commissions, councils, or study groups that were not authorized by Congress. President Richard Nixon tried to dismantle several agencies by executive order. This action was blocked by the federal courts because Congress had not abolished them by law.
Executive orders have been used to assert Presidential war powers in the Civil War and all subsequent wars. Franklin Roosevelt seized defense plants to ensure production of aircraft in World War II. He also used a series of executive orders to establish a curfew for Japanese Americans on the West Coast, to exclude them from certain areas, and finally, to intern them in camps in the desert until 1944.
Executive orders have often been used for civil rights enforcement. Harry Truman issued an executive order in 1948 ending racial segregation in the armed forces. John Kennedy issued an executive order banning racial discrimination in newly constructed public housing and another banning pay discrimination against women by federal contractors. He issued orders prohibiting racial discrimination in federally funded libraries, hospitals, and other public facilities. Richard Nixon required government contractors to institute affirmative action hiring programs for women and members of minority groups.
You can read The Western Center for Journalism website and go over information in more detail here. These are some highlights of Obama’s EO’s:
There have been over 900 Executive orders put forth from Obama, and he is not even through his first term yet. He is creating a martial law ‘Disney Land’ of control covering everything imaginable. Some of the executive orders he has signed recently have been exposed thanks to ‘Friends of Conservative Action Alerts.’ They have compiled a choice list of ‘Emergency Powers, Martial law executive orders’: Get your headache medication out while you still can without a prescription.
* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
* Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.* Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
* Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
* Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
* Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
* Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
* Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
* Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
* Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
* Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
* Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
It is more than clear that Obama is planning for the total control and takeover of America via Martial Law. Food, energy, transportation, work, banking, and health…he has it covered.
While Obama is busy pulling executive orders out of the sky to control everything inside our country, he has been issuing executive orders to force us to submit to international regulations instead of our Constitution. Sher Zieve exposed this in one of her recent articles. Damn the U.S. Constitution, damn the American people and damn U.S. sovereignty.
Few realize just how powerful this “privilege” is. It is believed that Obama was laying the groundwork to declare Martial Law if the Supreme Court threw out Obamacare:
Obama plans martial law if Obamacare repealed?!
On June 25th, 2012 President Barack Hussein Obama signed an Executive Order that officially put the US into a state of National Emergency. Such a step is the natural precursor to the legitimization of the institution of MARTIAL LAW. Notice the date of the Executive Order; the President signed the order just three days before the Supreme Court was set to announce its landmark Obamacare decision. Do you really believe this is a coincidence?
This is the second Executive Order pertaining to martial law that Conservative-Daily has been monitoring. Over the last few months we have been keeping you up-to-date on a very important story regarding President Obama’s Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order that would authorize him, during PEACE TIME, to declare martial law in the United States (to read that story, click here: http://conservative-daily.com/2012/05/08/obama-signs-authorization-for-martial-law/).
This edict, signed by the President on March 16, 2012, gives Obama all the tools necessary to dissolve our Republic and create a Marxist dystopia! That’s right! This Executive Order would not only allow Obama to declare martial law during peacetime, but also gives him the “legal” authority to confiscate private property, nationalize the means of production, create forced worker camps, and even ration your family’s food and water!! At any given moment, Obama could institute martial law, dissolve Congress, and finalize our march toward Communism that Obama started on the day he took office!!
Don’t be fooled by the liberal media who will tell you that several other Presidents have signed similar Executive Orders; these media outlets are just providing cover for the Obama Administration. The TRUTH is that while the Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order is similar to those in past, it is different in one very fundamental way: it does NOT require a national emergency, disaster, or war to trigger the listed unconstitutional Presidential powers; President Obama can institute it at ANY time!
As stated earlier, the Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order is not the only Executive Order we have to worry about. On June 25th, President Obama reauthorized the Russian Highly Enriched Uranium Executive Order first created by President Bill Clinton back in 2000. This re-authorization ordered the United States into an immediate state of National Emergency. Ostensibly, the order was created to battle the “accumulation of a large volume of weapons-usable fissile material in the territory of the Russian Federation”; was Obama REALLY trying to protect Americans or was he laying the groundwork to end our democracy, as we know it? MORE
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’